3rd Floor, Orchid
Square, Sushant Lok Phase I
Sector 27, Gurgaon
tel: +91 124 510 9700 / 01
fax: +91 124 510
Nitin Dhawan: Country
Sheshank Aggarwal: GM Marketing
Informatics is a system integrator and service provider for VSAT industry for
installation, commissioning, testing and operations &
ORG takes turnkey projects as System Integrator for various
VSAT Supply, Deploy, Install and commissioning. ORG is an Authorized Support
Provider for Hughes and Comsat-Max . ORG Installs and maintains the equipments
supplied by Hughes and Gilat across the country. The VSATs being supported by
ORG are DAMA ( 2.4M 3.8M) and TDMA ( 1.8M & 1.2M) under Extended C band.
And also Installing, Maintaining and Supporting VSATs under KU band ( 0.9M and
1.2 M). The associated equipment like IDU,ODU, LNB etc being supported are from
respective companies. Services provided are:
1. Site survey
4. Preventive and Corrective
The major activities under Installation and support are
described as below.
- Checking the suitability of the site in
terms of LOS clearance for the Satellite in contention and recording of the
- Collection of Latitude and Longitude data
from the Supplier.
- Identification of the place for
positioning the antenna which is free from any LOS obstructions and fulfilling
all the safety requirements.
- Identification of a place to position the
- Horizontal profile of the
- Type of mount has to be decided like
ground, roof or Wall mount. Civil works like construction of a platform, if
needed, should be appropriately advised to the customer for keeping the
- Cable routing has to be clearly marked
& explained to the customer. The same ia submitted along with Site Survey
- Total length of IFL cable
- Conducting path
- Grounding of antenna
- Grounding of IDU
- Place for fixing splice box
- Electrical Power requirements
- Air conditioning
- Availability of Serial
- Collection of location information like
type of area, terrain and the distance from Airport/ Railway Station, Latitude
- At least 3 power points near
- A site survey report has to be prepared
and given to the customer and a copy sent to VSAT supplier.
- Verification of site readiness with Power
conditions and earthing.
- Inspect and report any short shipments or
physical damages for the supplied VSAT equipment
- Inspect and verify site readiness. The
observations made is submitted in the form of a report to the
- Physical Assembling of the complete
antenna with reflector, back structure and mounts.
- Assembly of antenna electronics like Feed
horn, ODU, LNB, etc.
- Grounding of Antenna.
- Preparation of connectors & fixing
the IFL etc.
- Positioning & grounding the
- Aligning the antenna with satellite in
- Complete cable routing and conducting as
per the plan.
- Completion of the commissioning of the
VSAT as per procedure and integrating VSAT with customer end
- Checking and completion of end to end
connectivity with the VSAT.
- Fixing weather proofing seal on antenna
connectors (in 3 layers).
- Confirmations of weights of ballast pads
on antenna mount (or) alternatively sand bags for non-penetrating roof
- Demonstrate VSAT operation to the
- Training the customer s representative on
basic alarms and trouble identification.
- Installation completion certificate from
the customer s representative.
- Installation completion report to be sent
to VSAT Supplier.
PREVENTIVE AND CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE
- The Preventive maintenance involves
checking of proper fixing of antenna and other accessories , fine tuning if
required and other modules plus checking of power condition and
- The Corrective maintenance involves
diagnosing and rectifying the fault. It may require alignments or replacement
of defective parts like LNB, IDU, ODU etc.